View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #53
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
I have fixed switch rattles on several cars using adhesive backed felt pads, typically a dark color like brown. These pads are usually up to 2 mm thick. I use a razor to shave them down to about 1 mm. Then use a thin hobby knife, putty knife, or palette knife to position the pad on the side or sides of the switch actuator. Sometimes half a pad is all you need. Just enough to fill the space and keep the switch toggles from rattling. This has consistently worked for me and is invisible if done right.
I used to take the switches apart to apply the pads. But I found it is pretty easy to get them in place without taking anything apart.
There's enough vertical surface for these pads to stay stuck where you place them? Something like this makes me think as soon as it gets hot, the pads will slide out of place. If it's been working for more than a few months for you after applying it, then it's definitely something i'd be interested in looking into. Though, i'd imagine you're using a specific brand - I doubt something from walmart is going to stand up to automotive use for long.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote