View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 10:48 AM   #51
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I dont have a problem at all with how the bose system sounds. What makes the system sound like garbage to me is all the plastic that rattles due to the speakers.

Could you spend 2k and get a much better sounding system? sure. But what's the point when you have to redesign the car's interior and add a hundred lbs of sound deadening to make any improvement? Hell, the switches on the drivers side door make more rattle noise than basically any of the other plastic parts in the front of the car and fixing that requires you to either take the switches apart and add some kind of wax to keep the plastic buttons from vibrating or taping the entire top of the switch down to keep them from vibrating. Adding weight isn't a good option either as that just negates a very important reason for picking a 6th gen over the 5th.

And if you're just gonna be streaming music - there's no point in hating on the bose. You can make crap music sound good with a good enough system, but the bose is hardly bad at doing that. And you're not likely going to convince people who are happy listening to music that's been re-encoded in lossy formats 4 times on ear buds that their bose sounds like garbage.

edit: i keep the treble and bass neutral i believe. The fade is like mid-way to rear. I feel like the default neutral settings make the rear speakers impossible to even hear. So i moved the fade until it balanced so that i hear the fronts and rear equally. I listen to mostly symphonic metal and goth metal at a volume that's about 80% of max.
cellsafemode is online now   Reply With Quote