View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 10:08 PM   #50
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
not sure what you mean, I have the Nav-TV M650GM, and a full aftermarket system , and still have use of my noise cancellation and exhaust. If it's done correctly, you don't lose any of that. Bose makes systems for car that range from absolute garbage to decent, but never good. This system falls somewhere towards garbage. especially for the convertible. I added a three way front stage with tweeters, 2.7' midrange, and 6.5" and the sound is night and day different when the top is done. Loud, clean sound, with zero distortion at max volume.

Most of us that have installed subs in the convertible have gone with a custom box. I saw someone use a box where the top folds down, I have my amplifiers and sound processor there in a custom setup.
Yea the M650GM is what I was referring to. Also, I don't think you have the noise cancellation anymore - it is generated inside the Bose Amp and plays out of the four large stock speakers. It might not be that bad without it, I have just always had it and I am not ready to part with it. My 5th gen was fine around town, but if you were going up a hill at 70 mph on the freeway, the drone was terrible. I need to see how bad it is before I take that plunge. Maybe it will be better with an A8 too, my last car was M6 so you stayed in 6th gear on the freeway. The A8 might downshift on the grades and ease the drone that way.

I am holding out hope that someone will make a box that I can just drop in. There were a couple of them for the last gen, one from JL and one from you-know-who (initials S T). I think someone will make one eventually. No hurry, I am going to milk every mile out of my bumper to bumper warranty. It's not up until January 2020, so I still have time to wait!

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is online now   Reply With Quote