View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 10:43 AM   #739
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
A 4 cylinder Chevy Cruze weighs 3250. The Cadillac weight you list include premium materials in areas that probably don't go in the price range of the Camaro just so the Cadillac can be on par with the BMW 3. Not saying our dream isn't possible just not very likely. You are lopping off 200 pounds just because you could from the Cadillac. 200 pounds won't be simple unless we g back to the discussion on how much you like your rear seat

Keep in mind the Z/28 only saves 100 pounds over the base car all in. The big weight save is compared to the other Z.

And when you quoted 3200 I assumed you meant from GM.

Also I believe the GMPP kit put the 2.0T at 290/320 so yes that is already achievable.

Just have my doubts about the weight.
Here is the number I'm eyeing:

2.0 Turbo RWD / Auto – (3373/ 1530)

Yes I will agree with you that getting down to a flat 3,200 may be a stretch. But I feel getting into the high3,200 range from the factory is not. From there, the average modder will be able to drop 25 - 50 more lbs without even trying hard....more for the serious guys (but most serious guys go straight for the SS so we likely won't see many guys doing serious weight savings on the turbo 4 version...then again I could be wrong.)

I have faith