View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 06:48 AM   #674
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
I'm hoping they love these cars as much as us (I'm sure Fbodfather and the Camaro crew that just gave us a 500 HP Z/28 do). You feel that it will end relatively soon (6th gen) and I think it will continue. You may call me naive, but you are just guessing. One could say you are cynical. I will wait and see. Hopefully with a Z/28 in my driveway. Here's one for ya-- you probably never thought the Camaro would come back after 2002 did ya? With 426 HP no less.

Keep the faith.
I think AFTER the 6th gen, it'll end and may dwindle down during 3 yrs after 6th gen is in place.

But hey! I hope youre right and yes I am a little cynical. But realistically, in 2025, 400HP naturally aspirated will be unheard of. It will all come from boost. Wonder how many horses that LSA ZL-1 would have had it not had the S/C on top of it? Its not a bad thing using boost. Its getting small engines up to the performance of larger ones and unless you put your foot in them, they'll do excellent at the pump. THIS is where its going.

Gas guzzler taxes will end because they wont produce anything needing it. Many ppl WANT hundreds of HP in their cars getting 50-60mpg. They DONT CARE how its done. But mostly, some ppl dont care about HP vs mpgs. They're tired of handing money over at the pump. More and more are getting to this point. Car manufacturers produce for the masses. Sure, they offer a car for the small % to obtain but overall....

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!

Last edited by Wizard1183; 05-09-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote