View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 02:04 PM   #16
Mishimoto
Account Suspended

Drives: Mostly Stock
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to chime in on the issue. This is the first we're hearing of any sort of issue with these hoses, but we are more than happy to look into the issue to determine a path forward.

To start I would like to say that there has been significant R&D performed for this product, which included creating 3 different designs and testing with airflow calculations and on our flow bench. We also logged plenty of miles on our Camaro between testing this hose and our intake system, and I can assure everyone that the factory MAF housing wasn't altered in any way for this product. And as always, for more information on any of our products in the R&D process, make sure you take a look at our Engineering Blog.

For reference, here's the four stages of our induction hose:

That being said, it's hard to tell how any two-three aftermarket components will react together, especially when it comes to changing the cat or removing it all together (even our catted dp requires a tune to ward off unwanted CELS). I notice that both of the issues are coming from the combination of the intake tube and an aftermarket downpipe, which we didn't have issues running that combo on our Camaro, but it's something that we are more than willing to look into

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwelch69 View Post
I am curious if anyone who installed the intake tube only is having idle issues and random backfires?
Hey Rick,

Just wanted to ask a few questions to help narrow down what's going on. Are you getting these backfires while you're on or off throttle? Also, I was wondering what you had on your car when you got your tuning, and if you had it adjusted for the induction hose? There's a chance that it might not be compensating for the additional airflow and is slowing the timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@ View Post
I haven't put mine on yet, but sound like perhaps a vacuum leak? look real hard at that pcv connection, make sure it's got a good seal.
This is also another great suggestion. Check out the pcv connection and also the electrical connections for your VVT as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenwright3 View Post
Installed mine a day or two after my catted dp and it got a p0015b code. Wasn’t sure which was causing it so removed the intake tube and have driven around a month with no code. ( tube was on for less than a week)

My gf drives it more than me and claimed that it was performing poorly with the tube but when I drove it I never felt anything out of the ordinary. Tubes staying off til I get hp tuners and can monitor things more closely.
Hey Lauren,

Just curious about what other mods you’re running? Are you still on the stock tune? Also, which downpipe are you running?

-Nick

Last edited by Mishimoto; 11-10-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote