View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #591
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax13 View Post
I didn't say the V8 is dead - it isn't going anywhere, and OK, maybe the halo Camaro won't be a hybrid but a strong hybrid V4 40+mpg and/or a hybrid V6 that performs like a V8 would be great and modern options for the platform and for Chevy.

I don't think anyone would be laughing at a V8 hybrid with instant torque..... I'd buy it in an instant..... and those who are dead set against change.....
I just don't think Fbodfather and crew are planning a hybrid or EV version of this car. I get that you think that many of us backward thinking old codgers are stuck in the past, but the Camaro crew guys and gals think about what this car is.

They actually came with a stripped down balls to the wall LS7 having ceramic carbon brake sporting fire breathing 500 HP Z/28. Exactly what old codgers like me have wanted on the Z/28 threads.

When Fbodfather said "keep the faith." It wasn't so they could change the essence of a legendary American muscle car into a hybrid prius.

I really understand that you forward thinking high tech whale saving earth protecting grocery transporting types LOVE you some EV's. Heck nothing like listening to the high pitched rattle an inline 3 cylinder golf cart makes as you strain to accelerate up a shallow grade.

I just don't see Chevy ruining the Camaro by making it be a Volt or a Spark.
Nothing wrong with those cars if you want them-- the Camaro however is something else.