View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 07:37 PM   #1
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
A little advice on paint issues please

I just bought a new Mazda CX5. I had noticed before I brought it home that apparently a rock had skipped from the middle front of the hood, to back driver side of hood to the top of the painted strip beside the windshield, leaving 3 chips down to the metal. They are in a straight line from each other so probably happened as they drove it down to Clarksville, TN., from Cincinatti, OH. There was also still adhesive in straight lines down both sides of the hood & roof, from the eggshell protective wrap. Then I noticed bad swirling on the hood. They scheduled me to come in Wednesday to get it cleaned up, polished & the chips repaired. Once it was home in the garage, We could see the swirls are all over it.

My question is this. How worried should I be that some flunkie at the dealership is going to make the swirls worse? They want to do the cleaning/polish first before fixing the chips. I now plan to get the nose & hood clear bra covered & then the whole thing ceramic coated. I just don't want them to make the paint worse for the guys preping it for these coatings.