View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #1
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
Pray Performance STG 1 H/C Results.

Yes, I know the graph is in STD and yes, I know it is over MPH. I didn't screw this one together or Dyno it so the graph is what it is. The gains are what are important.

I would like to thank Dan Olson and Carl Thomas at CJ Tunes for getting this build done and shooting me the results. This car is a 16' M6 car.

Dan already had my ported stock IM/TB on the car, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's no cats, RF w/ dry filter, E85. We added Pray Performance ported cylinder heads and Pray Performance STG 1 camshaft. The cam is low 220's/barely 230's. There was no milling done to these heads. After that dyno session was done they added an un-ported MSD and ran it again. The MSD did very well as expected. The stock ported IM/TB just runs out of air up top. Even ported, the stock set on my flow bench attached to my ported heads with the TB bolted on flows just over 300cfm. The ported MSD flows 335cfm in the same conditions. But the stock ported stuff hangs in there pretty well to 6,500rpm or so.

I have advocated the MSD (ported of course) on H/C cars for quite a while now but never had the data to back it up. As I have proven over and over, the MSD makes no more power than a ported stock set up in FBO fashion. But with the added air flow of the ported head and even a baby cam it really shines. I am curious to see what it does ported.

According to the car owner this dyno reads very low. It made 461rw STD on this dyno and 470rw SAE on another local dyno with the exact same mods.

Run 18 is FBO, Ported IM/TB, E85.
Run 23 is FBO, Ported IM/TB, E65, PP ported STG 1 H/C package.
Run 24 is FBO, Stock MSD, E65, PP ported STG 1 H/C package.

Name:  Dans, FBO, Stg1, Stg1+ MSD.jpg
Views: 1850
Size:  170.1 KB