View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #28
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I know from personal experience the American made factory Turbo engines are very durable and run very strong. Both GM and ford have direct injected turbo engines that put down some very strong numbers. Ford's 3.5L puts out 365 Hp, that's 104 Hp per Liter in size. GM has a 2.0L that puts out 290 Hp, that's 145 Hp per Liter. Their torque numbers are just as good. For the 6.2 to put out the same numbers it would have to produce just under 900 Hp.
I don't question the output of the engines, i agree they are great, but i question thin integrity of a non NA engine. Just a lot of extra components that can go bad.

if I’m not mistaken then that ford engine is in the new EcoBoost trucks, and if that's the case, it's so new that they don't know how it's gonna hold up in the real world. I know they did the "Baja" test on it, but that was all carefully watched over and maintained as it went.
I'm not familiar with the GM turbo charged 2.0.

I do know from experience however that the twin turbos on the BMW's are amazing as far as power and torque go, but have TONS of problems..from rattle to failure of HPFP and a few things in between...took mine in 5 times before i decided to drop it.

Now i could be completely off with the whole turbo thing, but it left a bad taste in my mouth and i personally will stick with NA engines
MrandMrsNinja is offline   Reply With Quote