View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #84
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
For the second gen of a car, there is no evolution I follow, so I don't know what to tell you! And I never said that rear render is what I liked... Honestly I like it a lil, but not as a Camaro.
Well we're heading to a second generation of the 5th gen so there wouldn't necessarily be an evolution? Not sure what point you were making then.

Quote:
And yeah, let us insult the taste and desires of the Camaro community to make up for our design being disliked. Easy fix, right? You have some skills, and are going places, but you are not designing a Camaro in these renders... I'm sorry, but it is true. Would it be an acceptable show for a car, yes, but an accurate representation of the evolution of the Camaro? No
When you say things like wow and get over it, those are terms that come across as condescending contempt which of course is insulting. I responded to your challenge with images to show that the back of the concept car I'd posted did in fact look much more like the back of a 1969 Camaro than it was being given credit for.

I'm not insulting the "taste and desires of the Camaro community" because I don't believe the entire Camaro community necessarily wants the same thing. Some want the robot toy car look and some don't. There are no easy fixes here; I'm not seeing anything easy about ANY changes to the 5th gen. It's a challenge I'm wrestling with on each concept version I'm creating. It's like a Catch 22. People say they want a new car to look like a Camaro, but if you make it look like a Camaro from the past they complain it looks "dated". If you give them something new, they complain it doesn't look like a Camaro. If you ask them what they want they don't know; they have no answers. Believe me, I have nothing but the utmost sympathy and respect for what the Camaro design team must be going through.

Quote:
Just a quick note.. Your render looks no more or less like a Camaro than brunogadget's...
Just another quick note; it absolutely looks much more like the back of the 1969 Camaro and you know it. I'm not sure why you felt you couldn't acknowledge that.

If enough of the "Camaro community" wants the robot toy car look then I'm sure GM will give that to them. They're in business to make money so they'd have to. Maybe it's time to come up with a new car line, one that's not expensive like the Corvette, not a robot toy car like the "Camaro community" apparently wants, but something sleek, elegant, classy, clean, sporty and ranges from $18,990 to $28,990 tops. Doesn't need a lot of high-tech; keep the costs down so it's reasonably affordable but looks good. With performance Camaros being in the $40k-$75k range that's the territory vettes used to occupy and while that's nice for those that can afford it, it's shutting out the entry-level crowd.

Perhaps it's time for a new entry-level sports/pony car that uses 4 and 6 cylinder engines, gets great mileage, doesn't quite have the power of the Camaro and Corvette, but then it doesn't have the price tag either. Something a new buyer, young buyer, entry-level buyer could afford. Maybe I'll work on a concept for something like that since I apparently don't want what the "Camaro community" wants which is why I'm not thinking of designs that fit.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote