View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #93
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by karguy View Post
Like I said the reason of my post is to build a better Camaro.
I'm a Camaro enthusiast and love Camaros for what they are.
Fun,affordable,practical,sporty and good looking cars with a strong V8 under the hood.
The farmers Porsche as the germans say...
So all constructive criticism !
I really don't care if the 6gen will be modern,edgy and aerodynamic looking like the gen 3 and 4 or retro like the gen5 as look as the design is unique and says Camaro like they always did.
Let me explain what I meant when I described the gen5 as "cartoonish";
The inspiration for the gen5 was the first gen Camaro.
But while the 1gen still looks clean,purposeful and timeless the gen5 looks more like a cartoon of that car.Heavy,with a high beltline,low roof,high rear and huge c-pillars that create huge blindspots and bad visibilty which makes it harder to put the car on the right line on the racetrack,changing lanes,backing up and parallel parking.
A bigger and heavier car compared to the gen4 with a smaller trunk and no hatchback make it less practical in daily life.
The interior has lot of cheap plastic.Of course the gen4 had even more of that cheap stuff like a Mattel Barbie car.
As we know the new C6 will be build on the smaller and lighter Cadillac ATS platform and will have the new LT1 under the hood.Which is good.
I just hope GM fixes the other stuff too to make the new Camaro stylish and good looking but not at the expense of practicality be it trunk or visibility.
That is how I see it and the reason why I havn't upgraded to the gen5,yet,and might wait for gen6...
It's all good...