View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #34
SamMoranPranks
SamMoranAutos

Drives: '16 RS A8 Custom Exhaust CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraph View Post
So you actually got rid of all 4 out of the 4 valves in your aftermarket set up? Your aftermarket set up does not have valves for AFM or NPP?

It may be a little difficult to weld any of the 4 valves back into your aftermarket exhaust since it has a larger diameter than the stock set-up, but if you really trust your exhaust shop they may be able to make it work, luckily it's only a 1/4" larger, they may be able to fill in the area with weld beads.

Also our cars do not have resonators, coming off of the headers you have your cats and immediately after that is your secondary cat (it is monitored so no O2 sensors after the secondary cats).

Just out of curiosity, what brand are the mid pipes and axle back?
Well, on the SS models there are no resonators. But on the V6 models there is a huge H-pipe resonator after the secondary cats and then the NPP exhaust. However, I removed all 4 Actuators, not knowing that they were for the AFM. It's my fault for doing that and getting the CEL. I'm buying the bypass actuators to help get rid of that light.

I didn't buy an aftermarket system. I just did 2 1/2 in straight pipes from the first cats back to an X-Pipe then a muffler delete. So I don't really have an "aftermarket" system. Just straight piping

Thanks for all your help man. It's really been appreciated. I understand those actuators a lot more now.
SamMoranPranks is offline   Reply With Quote