View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 01:16 PM   #171
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
The 500 pounds (pipe dream by the way) mostly comes from being smaller. If not then it's premium materials that will jack the price to stratospheric levels.
yep...500 pounds is NOT happening. Through the use of a smaller size and the Alpha chasis I can easily see 200 pounds and up to 300, but that could be a bit stretch. That said, I think we have a nice chance at getting under Mustang GT weight. Even just 200lbs would put it right at or maybe a hair under the GT. In the end, I think the weights between the Camaro and Mustang are going to be pretty similar, but I think Camaro has a good chance at being the lighter car this time around.

The thought of a sub 3,700 pound Camaro SS should be pretty exciting news for us...it is for me.

So with that in mind, i still think we are looking at a good possibility of the 4 cylinder and V6 versions coming in the 3,400 to 3,500 lbs range.

Damn I can't wait to start seeing more info come leaking in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post

Honestly I think that the number one biggest thing that adds weight is the ever growing waste of Americans and the ever increasing expectations of comfort.
comfort is a huge factor. Think about how vehicles today are equipped and the public's expectation of what a decently optioned car or truck is.

Now think about what that meant in the 80s or 90s. Decently optioned meant you had a radio with cassette or CD, A/C, and power windows. Forget the saftety or stiff chassis stuff.