View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 11:19 PM   #1
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
SS No Lift Shift Proof!

I've recently seen quite a few threads about cars having or not having NLS, what it does or what it should sound like, what modes you have to be in, should the RPMs drop etc. I thought I'd post this video in a new thread to make it more easily searchable. Launch control is only available in stabilitrack competitive and the PTM modes but I use NLS all the time with traction control on. I do not believe this needs to be done in sport or track mode (touring works too but I never use it).

Vehicle: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Settings used:
  • Sport Mode
  • Stabilitrack Competitive (double tap traction control) for first run
  • Launch control (stop and floor accelerator)
  • Traction on for 2nd run

Throttle stays at 100% throughout the run and I purposefully shifted slowly to show the effect of NLS

Mods: thought I'd post this here as its about the settings used (whether they matter or not) for NLS, not necessarily the video.

EDIT: ran another test to see what happens if you don't release the clutch after shifting with NLS.
  • Sport Mode
  • Traction fully on
  • Full throttle to redline, clutch in, shift, and don't let the clutch out
  • Throttle at 100% the whole time
You can hear the NLS fart as RPMs drop and hold where they should be for the next gear (2nd). Then when I release the clutch a 2nd later, the car applies full power automatically.

Last edited by dotfiles; 07-28-2017 at 11:43 AM.
dotfiles is offline   Reply With Quote