View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 01:44 AM   #196
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Doc, when I said it reminded me of my ElCamino I was refering to the picture that you posted saying the rocker panels lent its design to two tone paint schemes.

That is all, nothing else reminds me of the old ElCamino.
Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
They don't need to look alike, the 6th gen just needs to look more bad@ss than previous generations and being able to function as described by Doc's vision for what he would like to see for the 6th gen. Evolutionary should be the next step. I think he's got a great design, yet if it were to go to production, you would more than likely see a more scaled down version of what you see here. The proportions would lend it towards being a heavier car than desired. The low ground clearance would make this car a real pita for a DD.

I like the melting of the American Muscle/Italian pedigree styling, maybe it's time for the Camaro to be redefined as a top level performance vehicle with styling that is on par with some of the more high end performance cars but at a still affordable price. Fantastic work Doc! look forward to more of your offerings.
Good post and thank you!

The ground clearance is 4 inches which was the result of me mainly focusing on it being track capable. That would be awfully low for a DD as you stated. Here's a variation with a few modifications: I moved the entire lower rocker panels upward 1 inch so the ground clearance is now 5 inches, and I made them not quite as tall. Ground clearance in the very front is 6 inches. I also removed the blackout on the back so this is basically a more street-friendly version. This version also has the 20" wheels so if you switched to 19's that would drop the car back down an inch and be fine for the track. In addition to the above changes I reduced the height of the side scoops on the rear quarter panel a bit to accommodate the change in the rocker panels being moved up.

Name:  2016 Camaro Concept alt4b.jpg
Views: 3721
Size:  61.6 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept alt4b2.jpg
Views: 3913
Size:  56.3 KB

It does change the look and feel of the car's stance; it's not quite as aggressive looking which is what a track car would look like, but it still has the basic look which is more than good for the street.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote