View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #22
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcustomz View Post
Car designing is a lot like rock n roll. It can result in hours of fun, brings groups of people together out of interest in it, makes you want to see what happens next, frighten people you don't care about anyways, & make you famous after you're dead. Some of the best work produced can come at the very end of a very frustrating project. It can also all remind everybody of something else, as there is really nothing new under the sun, so they say.

That said, my main thoughts to the new design may be to try shortening the wheel base a little to give it more musclecar like proportions & compromise a little on the extra height of the roof for cosmetics .Raising the lower line of the front windshield just a little, & a little less curve should help the hood to appear longer. Also I'd mainly look into other design shapes on the front fascia to look more musclecar like, as I think this is the biggest area holding the design back.. When you start getting there, others will feel your designs more.
Just a few constructive criticism thoughts.I,ve recently done some design concepts on other forums, no easy task.
I'll drop the roof a bit; didn't realize people would rather have the cramped quarters inside in favor of outside appearance but that can be easily done. The wheelbase is actually shorter than the current Camaro. Because the wheels are 18" the overall proportions make it appear as though the car is larger than it actually is. The long windshield and front design is an attempt to improve gas mileage through a low drag coefficient since the CAFE requirements are going to get worse and worse.

Thank you for the constructive feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitetrain05 View Post
next, concept camaro 2099 version 29....stupid
Your next comment #508....equally useless as this one? Put in something positive and constructive instead of just mocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSME SS View Post
I see this...

Wow it's not even close! ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoskins76 View Post
Here are my thoughts on the design:

- The rear braking duct for cooling just behind the rear doors has to go. I just don't see the purpose in it. It's not a Corvette or a high end exotic and it doesn't go with the flow of the car.
- The curved fenders at the bottom of the wheels have to go. These will just make it very hard to jack the car up and get a tire off because the tire won't drop with the suspension, and if it does the tire will bottom out on the fender possibly wrecking them.
- I think the front end really does look Corvette "like", Square it off a bit and add in a small upper grill for cooling. And with the big signal lights on the side, integrate the headlights into them will make for a better flow (HID projectors would look nice).
- I still see the roofline as a bit too high, but maybe with squaring off the front end a bit that might help with hiding that.
- The back end needs a rear diffuser around the exhaust pipes to hide them a bit. They hang down too much like a 60's muscle car.

I am not trying to be to harsh, just giving my honest opinion. It is great that you are doing this and it will be fun to watch the progress of your design. Keep it up!
The rear cooling duct is intended to be functional; especially since Camaro owners take their cars to the track. I'm guessing you don't but I certainly do and I know others do.

I'll try the HID's in the side lights; might work.

I haven't done anything with a diffuser in the back but that can be added. The exhaust pipes fit beneath the rear cowl as-is, so I didn't put a diffuser in it. But I can play with that if people feel that's an important styling feature.

I really appreciate the time those who are putting in constructive comments are taking to put in their suggestions and feedback.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote