View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #43
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKnightSS1 View Post
Pretty clever coffee story I must admit. It's cute. I have owned a vehicle in the past that had a turbo so I am quite aware of their capabilities. But we aren't talking about aftermarket mods here just factory setup. If I wanted to beat every Joe Shmoe on the road it'd be a V8 forcefed monster not a TT'd V6.

And I was simply stating that the sound factor is just a small reason why a V8 suits a Camaro better or any muscle car for that matter. I've heard plenty of turbocharged V6 Camaros and the sound is like a lawnmower on roids. Not desirable whatsoever.

If I didn't know better I would say you were a V6 owner? Bottom line, GM will never produce a Camaro with that setup, period.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Note 2.

Never say Never ... GM also said they would Never use the Camaro in NASCAR, look how that turned out.

I think it could be used in the future, based on a gas guzzler tax. If the power of the TTV6 were close to the V8, with better fuel economy it could be a big seller. But then again, we really don't know where the tax situation will be at that point.