View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
Because the guy in front of me and behind me and beside me are all doing the same speed. Just had to pick me
Yep. You're the "reckless hooligan" in the sports car. Happens all the time. It also gives them a chance to check and ensure the vehicle wasn't stolen (higher probability than the other cars around you).

I had an officer follow me into a convenient store parking lot, once...didn't speed, or do anything wrong. I got out and went into the store...he pulled in and boxed in my car to run the plate. Very interesting to watch as he rolled away...

In another case, a cop tailed me for over 3 miles around town...I think it took him that long to run the plate # while we were driving. Never pulled me over...but clearly was following me.

On the highway, everyone was going 62-65 mph in a 55...I was doing 62, and I know I was because I set cruise control. People WERE passing me...but I got pulled over.

Sucks, but it's part of the "experience", I guess. I often wonder, what would I do if I were them...