View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 08:27 PM   #162
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
why does it have wheels? Shouldn't it have, like, some hover thrusters or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
..thats on the drawing board ...they predicated flying cars many decades ago...just sayin...LOL. Good post!
Flying cars?? LOL that would for SURE require that we not be able to drive them; just be passengers.

This version is a reach towards something conservative that's light, aerodynamic and fuel efficient. It may not work as a Camaro because it seems the Camaro crowd wants to drive a Japanese anime robot on wheels with all kinds of slots, grooves, "evil eyes" so they can be menacing and threatening while they drive. That's not me. I have no desire to be evil or menacing; I want a car that's beautiful, balanced, sleek and fun to drive.

I believe the market for something elegant, fast and classy is bigger than the robot toy market so maybe this would work as a revived Corvair or a new category altogether. With Camaros moving upward in price they're starting to be out of reach for the entry level market, or "second car" market. If the work was put in to make it beautiful and aerodynamic; keep the gizmos and gadgets inside to a minimum so it would start at a price below $20k, I think there would be a pretty big market for it. This could be the car with a 4 or 6 cylinder engine, or even a hybrid that makes up for horsepower with light weight and a low drag coefficient. This car could be the entry level cousin to the Camaro...maybe a Cormaro, or Carvair lol. I don't know just an idea.

I haven't put hardly any effort into the details other than sticking some lights on it. I haven't done anything yet with intakes, brake cooling intakes, there's no rear diffuser, no exhaust pipes, etc. I have an idea for different wheels as well. Right now this is mostly a shape concept with some of the elements being fairly crude at this stage. The focus of this is a street car; NOT a track car so I don't have a lot of aero pieces adding downforce at the expense of forward motion. I suppose those could be added later but that would be for aftermarket modding. This shape is optimized for low forward-motion resistance for straight-line performance and gas mileage which is more useful for typical around town and daily driving. If manufacturers have to produce cars that get over 50 mpg, this concept is intended to help towards that.

Name:  2020 Concept 3a.jpg
Views: 1861
Size:  52.9 KB
Name:  2020 Concept 3b.jpg
Views: 2258
Size:  60.1 KB
Name:  2020 Concept 3c.jpg
Views: 1586
Size:  68.1 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote