View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #80
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I'm going to bring up a few things I have seen in this thread yet, or on the site either in the general automotive section...

I don't know how credible this short article is, but I've come across this multiple times elsewhere, and not seen it on here yet: http://jalopnik.com/first-1-000-next...14-1-826233500

IF it's true, that means Ford will have an even bigger jump on GM as far as the Mustang VS Camaro war goes. Again. It's not necessarily a bad thing, as it appears that the Mustang is going for that Euro look now? IF it ends up being so Euro that it falls on it's face and no one wants to buy it, this is good news...

In a round about way, this discussion came up on the other 5th gen Camaro forum... Where will we be "power wise" in the future... Well, I believe that EVENTUALLY, it's all going to come to a screaming halt like it did in the 80s. With the CAFE requirements slowly cracking down as the years go on, eventually, we will all be screwed... Looking at the current CAFE requirement chart shown here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpora...r.2C_2011-2025

I'd say our current v8 configuration is good until about 2018, with the release of the new LT1, maybe longer... V6? Looking at the window sticker, it's good until 2021... I know how it works, it's the corporate average fuel economy, so they can crank out a butt load of turbo 4 cylinder Chevettes and keep the average up, I'm just looking at the big picture here. There is still time to fix the things that could have been fixed with the 5th gen, in the 6th gen (ie: weight), and still have it perform BEFORE the $4!7 hits the fan, and all the new car manufacturers are allowed to offer are little clown car economizers to adhere to the CAFE "law" and they all go out of business because no one wants what they have to offer.

In regards to the 2014, I had to opportunity to look at 3 of them this morning for an hour while I got my "free" oil change at the dealer. Counting these 3, this makes 5 I've seen up close, in personal. In my personal opinion, I feel that the paint color on the 2014 refresh can make or break it... The first two I saw, SW 2LS, and BRM 1LS, I loved. Loved everything. Today, I say a Bright Yellow 1LS... HIDEOUS!!!! Horrible horrible! Red Hot 1SS, I could take or leave. and a black 1LT RS, didn't do much for me. I could have driven home with either the SW, or BRM cars and been perfectly happy.

Anyway, the 6th gen needs to come out before the Gov't starts cracking down on HP... IF the 6th gen is a turd, I'll keep my 2013 v6 for a daily driver, and go shopping for an LS1 Powered 4th gen, an 05-06 GTO, or possibly a G8 GXP, but they are pretty impossible to find...
The CAFE affect will be interesting. The Gen6 (and Gen5) may go up in value as the new model options get less appealing, ie no more V-8.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote