View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #237
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
So in your mind the direct relation between the actions of individuals in a terrorist organization over 10 years ago and the assumed direction of legislation in the near term is intrinsically obvious?

Supposed to and what we desire are two different things. Our economy was artificially inflated by a decade of fraudulent banking activity starting with GLB and culminating in the fall of Lehman and the Great Recession which was really a correction, but it's not over yet. Most of the recovery is due to QE by the Fed creating a bull market which isn't, "real" in the long term, so yes our economy is supposed to be contracting by any realistic short term models.

With that I am done with this thread. It's going nowhere at incredible speeds and soon we'll be arguing about Flaming Hot Cheetos and their impact on geological exploration.
Leaving, so soon? Now who's REALLY sidestepping?

The irony is that I agree with you that the problem stems from the fed. But it has a lot to do with them artificially holding down interest rates right now so that the masterminds can borrow more money for their spending addiction. We're due for a correction that is going to be quite painful.

But my point before was that without all this meddling and calibrating the economy by what seem like complete hypocrites and morons, the economy would in fact be growing, not shrinking.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote