View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 10:54 AM   #36
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
Miata is one of the most overlooked cars out there. They're cheap, reliable, and like driving a big go-kart. Around town or on a rural back road, it's a pure fun toy, and you completely stop caring about power. But to really appreciate a Miata, you need to autocross one.
Cheap? LOL

There is another thread in here that suggests that $27,000 for the Gen6 Camaro is a travesty and horribly expensive to the point GM needs a lower priced RWD car. I think the Miata goes for $24,000 base but up to $30,000 in top trim and $32,000 optioned up.

Don't go overboard on the 2,400 pounds thing (actually 2339 per Mazda's site for the manual). Yes it is nice number. But this is a teeny tiny little bitty car.

For reference it is 7 inches shorter and 3 inches narrower than a Saturn Sky.

But to be clear, it's an awesome car that captures the heritage of the Miata very well. It's just that tiny cars with 155 HP don't interest me, regardless of how well it handles.

I need a bit more thrust than your average V6 sedan from Honda or Toyota.

I'll be curious to see how the Fiat version works out. It's reported to actually have some HP under the hood.