View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 02:27 PM   #80
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2 View Post
Or does make it easier for amp hook up! But I travel allot and, I don't feel comfortable driving cross country without a spare tire, move the battery so an acceptable spare will fit back there! (Yes that space itself needs to be a little bigger) I agree also seats need to recline way further back, maybe GM just doesn't want ghetto wanna be gangsta thugs driving camaros.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
The main reason most Camaro's don't come with a pare tire has to do with the size of the depression in the trunk where the spare is supposed to go vs. the size of the wheel/tire itself.

If you have a base Camaro with the 18" wheels, you can order a spare tire. But if you have the larger 20" wheels and the brembo brakes, then the wheel/tire required to clear the brembo breaks along with the 20" tire, then they just won't fit in the same space. Thus you get the can off goo and a small pump.

However, maybe they'll just go to a 20" tire on all the models, and size the depression in the trunk accordingly so a spare would fit.

Then again the usual argument for no spare (in addition to saving weight) is that most people either have OnStar or Chevy's road side assistance, or a cell phone they can use to call someone.

Plus, how often do people get flat tires these days?
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote