View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #21
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Thanks.

Don't get me wrong, alot of LS/LT/SS owners have gorgeous cars and can very do what they please with it. I wouldn't say, the ZL1 parts should require a VIN, but I just want GM to make them alittle more exclusive, to whatever the most powerful Camaro is for the 6th Gen. As of now, the ZL1 looks to be the most power 5th Gen, so they should make it alittle harder to replicate.

I remember Al being asked before the ZL1 was made into production if the front bumper could be bolted on the other previous models, and he said no. I'm certain they wanted people to stay true to there vehicle and shy away from people cloning.
Well if you don't want people to borrow parts from a ZL1 for their non-ZL1 camaro then how about all ZL1 owners leave their cars completely stock the way GM made them. After all the ZL1 is limited production and is supposed to be unique right? Isn't that why you are wanting GM to make it so people cannot put ZL1 parts on a non-ZL1 camaro?

Let's look at the flip side of this. It can also really irritate the non-ZL1 owners to see the real ZL1's being modified by their owners and putting aftermarket wheels on them (when the Black ZL1 wheels are one of the most sought after wheel for the 5th gen right now), different hoods, ground effects etc... Afterall a lot of us non-ZL1 owners would kill to have a lot of the ZL1 parts that the ZL1 owners don't fully appreciate and then end up taking off their cars because they want their already unique car to be "their own".

So in the end who cares what parts people put on their cars. Just let people make their cars look how they want. As another person already said the only time it really matters is if you are buying something you think is a ZL1 but it's not.

I feel like the ZL1 owers that are complaining about the ZL1 part modding being done to SS's and LT's is because they feel like their "status" is being pulled down since "lower status" camaros can easily borrow parts to look like the "higher status" car. It's just silly.
This "status" attitude is the same attitude that the Vette guys have with Camaro. They get upset when the Camaro get's too many vette parts or when their beloved C7 corvette has tail lights that somewhat resemble Camaro tail lights. Just silly. Mass production is that. The higher the volumes the cheaper the part prices which equals larger profit margins.