View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 10:34 AM   #7

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
By sheer stroke of luck it so happened I spent time over the past three days literally feet away from where the new Camaro was being R&D'd and test driven by a team of GM engineers and techs. Out of respect I won't divulge specifics (they were stuck with me being there, so could not "hide"). I'm a mighty happy Z/28 owner and I was able to spend some time chatting with the GM guys. An amazing experience and opportunity for me! I'll offer some bullet points from my experience, all of which were gleaned via observation or deduction, obviously the guys would disclose NO details about the car.

* They are veterans of previous Camaro developments.
* "Car guys" through and through, no doubt.
* The new car even with the camo has lovely lines. It is going to be stunningly good looking. Just like current gen, there is not a bad angle on the car.
* I'd guess it is roughly 10-15% smaller in overall size than current gen.
* One could extrapolate from that it'll be lighter (10-15%?) than current gen.
* The car I saw was a NA V8 (based on the sound).
* At least one version will have MR shocks.
* They are a hard working bunch! At it very early and working very late every day. Paychecks are well-earned!

That's all I know, there are no pictures or other details.

6th Camaro fans are in expert, capable hands. I can't wait to see the product unveiling.
Thanks for the positive comments and congrats on your relationship with Chevy. (You sort of went off the grid for a while, and I re-call "they" did request some sort of input from you).....Very nice....

Don't get frustrated at the inevitable inquisition that will soon follow....lol...

Thanks again for some real-world info....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote