View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 10:56 PM   #340
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
Versus the Mustang and Challenger, yes. Collectively? I don't think anyone knows how profitable the vehicle actually is. Hopefully it is cutting a profit so it stays around for a very long time.

In terms of Camaro enthusiasts, the redesign was much maligned. Around Camaro5, I think the 2014-2015 models would lose in terms of design. Handily. What's helping them sell is they are optioned much better than the earlier models and a lot of the kinks in the 2010-2011 model years have been worked out. I don't understand the plastic bumpers and design cues from a Volt, and I hope they don't continue softening the Camaro in the 6th gen. I'm looking for aggression and for GM to return the Camaro to its roots in terms of straight line performance. Handling is nice and all, but IMO raw speed should be more prioritized in the redesign. The 4th gens spank these cars on the strip, and I don't think that's acceptable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
The reason why the Camaro sells so well is because of its heritage as a muscle car. The 2014-2015 redesign crossed a Camaro with a Volt. Further cutting the "muscle" out of the car will do damage. Camaro sales for years and years were abysmal versus a Mustang. That's why they chopped the Camaro brand. The 5th gen was so popular because it actually looks like a muscle car.

No one is buying a Camaro for fuel efficiency. They want it because it is an iconic symbol with a rich heritage, it's affordable and is aggressive. Removing more aggression will hurt sales. People don't want a soft, fuel efficient Camaro. There are plenty of vehicles to choose from if you want a "sporty" sedan. This is the first time in ages...maybe ever...the Camaro is consistently outpacing the Mustang, and it's because it is the more aggressive car. The Mustang looks like a plastic toy next to a Camaro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
That would be great! But, LEAD the power war! At least give the option available for those who want it. That's all I say. BANG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
Sounds like "eat your peas"... Muscle sells. Always has, always will. Some car companies profess to meet this need. Head on. In your face. Sure CAFE is coming. But let's not go out without a fight! That would just be plain "weak"... like reliving the 80's... History repeats. Balls to the walls while you can. Planning for CAFE doesn't require forfeiting MUSCLE. Unless you want to wear pantyhose. It's a choice I guess.

From Dodge's website. http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/YOU EITHER TAKE POWER OR YOU FEAR IT.
Agree!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote