View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 09:58 PM   #335
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
Sounds like "eat your peas"... Muscle sells. Always has, always will. Some car companies profess to meet this need. Head on. In your face. Sure CAFE is coming. But let's not go out without a fight! That would just be plain "weak"... like reliving the 80's... History repeats. Balls to the walls while you can. Planning for CAFE doesn't require forfeiting MUSCLE. Unless you want to wear pantyhose. It's a choice I guess.

From Dodge's website. http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/YOU EITHER TAKE POWER OR YOU FEAR IT.
Muscle doesn't cut it.

The GenIV died not because of lack of muscle........it died because the foundation car as a V6 SUCKED!!!!!

I could take a cracker box and put 708 HP in it and the "muscle" fans would buy it simply because it was 1 more than the Fiat.

The Camaro, in order to survive, has to go beyond "muscle" and simply be a great automobile.

I worked there. We accomplished great things on my teams that would be a huge list most of which GM gets no or little credit for.

I know the people there and I know what they are capable of.

Taking a an ATS coupe and making a 7/8 scale Gen5 Camaro with more HP could be done by the Chinese. What I want is the best work that the people I know are capable of making.

I want great. I want industry changing. I want Dearborn confused and I want Italy afraid. I........want..........MORE