View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #471
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
The fear isn't in the offering of a turbo-4 as base engine in addition to the V6, it is that it will be the only non SS, or ZL1 engine, with the V6 option going away entirely. Strictly on paper numbers aren't everything, particularly in this segment of cars. Many of us prefer the characteristics of N/A engines over turbo engines, and the sound of the 6 cylinder engine to that of the 4.

Furthermore, you'll never convince me that a turbo 4 will be anything more than roughly equally efficient as a V6, but for more money with an extra possible failure mode down the road. And if they offer both turbo 4 and V6, you'll never convince me that they won't raise the price of the V6 to make room for a more expensive turbo 4 beneath it.

PS...thanks for getting us back on topic...this was falling apart into a "complain about logistics of forum" thread for a while there.
So the fact that the ATS with the 2.0T is rated higher than the ATS with the 3.6 doesn't convince you? 2.0T is 22/32 and the V6 is 19/28. Sorry if that doesn't convince you, but it should.