View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #135
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
These vents aren't just for brakes. In addition to brake cooling my concept calls for the transmission and differential coolers to be back there too; one for each side. This makes for a much shorter plumbing run for the coolers and moves the weight from the very front of the car (where you don't want it) to the back axle which would help with overall weight balance. The shorter lines would also weigh less and require less coolant which would save weight.

If you played with the vent styles like I have, then you do understand why I settled on this particular design. This is a no-frills performance design; not a show car design.

You know I've spent some time looking into a front vent like that and I've decided not to go that route for several reasons. One, the engine compartment heat would vent out the top anyways (heat rises) so in addition to a working hood vent system, I'm also looking into a fender vent system of some kind. Two, since I started thinking about it I've been looking at other cars on the road and I've seen that front side-vent style used heavily on Dodge cars, and a LOT of other cars have variations on that theme including the new Stingray. Because it's so "trendy" and I don't think actually does all that much, I'm not going that route to help keep this Camaro design looking unique and more purposeful. (Don't take that personally; I know you've really been set on a side vent of some kind. I could probably put whatever design you think would look good on a version and do some renderings for you if you want to have them for wallpapers or something.)

This concept isn't designed for market trends; it's designed for function, for power, for aerodynamics and to be a sleek, solid, bold American design that doesn't look like a wannabe anything. This is a Camaro... 'nuff said.

Don't know if it was mentioned but the front bottom light / vent should look something like the ZL1...making the space in between the head light and vent look much smaller.(too big flat spot for me) besides that your doing great.
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote