Thread: Tucson Camaro's
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #9805
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
There is talk of the emissions program being gone by the time you get here in 2016, but that is not written in stone.

Cars are exempt from emissions for a 5 year period from the date of sale from the new car dealer.

For a 2010 Camaro, the testing site will connect into the OBD connector under your dash and look for CELs, emission codes, and the like. My guess is your tune has taken care of any of those codes being posted. With no codes found as they interrogate your system, you will pass that part of the inspection.

They will then test the gas cap to ensure it will hold vacuum; if not, you'll be given a replacement gas cap on the spot, for free.

I have only seen them mirror the underside of pre- OBD equipped cars to make sure the cats are still there. On those older cars, they test emissions by putting a probe up the exhaust system to do a real time read of the emissions.

Hope you make it to Tucson as we have a great group of folks in the Camaro Club.
Awesome run down, thank you so much!! It is looking more and more like Tuscson is the spot for us. Hope to visit sometime soon!