View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Well I see you took my thoughts about updating your first post in your old thread and just created a whole new one! lol. Good idea.

As I've stated numerous times before, I really love this concept. I feel like some of the nitty gritty details which could really make it pop are missing, but that's not the point of this journey...at least not yet. To me (and I think Doc might agree) its about finding a good overall potential design that could work for a next generation Camaro. I think if someone were to do a very detailed 3D model painted with light shimmers and shading that shows the curves of what Doc has in his head it would really be something pretty awesome. The is more of a flat 2D like rendering.

Upon first glance you might think "looks very much like the 5th gen". But really...its VERY different, yet retains much of what we love about the 5th gen, and has the Camaro heritage within the design. The belt line is a bit high like the 5th gen, but with the way the window swoops down towards the front, and then juts back up for the hood line, it would make looking down to see thinks like corners on the track...or curbs when simply parking your car much easier than the 5th gen. The almost "shaved" like door handles, the way the sheetmetal at the bottom front of each side door curves inward, which is opposite of the 5th gen which is mostly at the back of each door....it all makes for a very familiar but different design.

The SS or Z/28 version looks absolutely menacing to me, and I love that rear end.

If I had to nit pick I'd say I'd like a little more of something in the "hips" of the car. More flare or curve to them. The line there feels a bit flat to me, but front and rear views are pretty awesome.

In the end, I see this as perfect fit for a slight smaller/lighter Camaro riding on the Alpha platform. I'm sure GM had the 6th gen "basic" design pretty much wrapped up well before now, but I'm betting there are still those "nitty gritty" details to work out. If anything, just want to say I appreciate the work you've done Doc. Keep it up.