View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #48
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Doc, I know how hard 3D modeling is. I tried my hand at it several years ago and my program wasn't nearly as sophisticated as your seems to be.
All I was meaning was I think that area needs attention next. I think it might have come across wrong in my post.
I think that is why they enlarged the lower grille on the 14's when they narrowed up the upper grille, to keep from having that big empty space between them.
Not to worry. Constructive feedback and reworking is what helps refine things. I absolutely appreciate the contribution you guys make to this thread.

That area in the front is one of those things that appears different in 3D compared to 2D. I've got my brain working in the background on what I could do to improve that front area. Making the bottom openings huge on the refresh was not a good solution in my opinion but it may be that I might also just leave this area alone. That whole front would be the impact area in a collision so making changes there would have to be done carefully. I may also find some free 3D models I can download of something else; maybe a motorcycle or something for contrast so people can get a perspective on the actual sizes of the shapes on this car. It's not as big as a 5th gen. Plus I've been taking low angle screenshots so the lights and front detail would be easier to see.

For now I'm going to work on the back; been spending too much time on the front area and I need to clear my brain and work on something different. I also need to figure out how to pull in the side of the car at the coke bottle waist point without messing up the geometry. And then do a proper version of the wheels. And then an interior... lol. I have to say though this has been an extremely interesting project to work on and I've learned a LOT already just in what I've done so far.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote