View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #46
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Looks ok but you need to do something with that huge area between the upper and lower grill openings to make it look smaller.
See Post #18 where I describe the process behind that area. This styling is also following the general philosophy behind the Volt styling. I hadn't planned on doing the plates yet but it was a fairly quick thing to do so here's a snapshot of the front with the license plate.
Name:  2016 Camaro Front Plate.jpg
Views: 2429
Size:  39.9 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
Incredible work!

Yeah, my vision of the front fascia definitely comes forward a little bit more while continuing to slope downward so the entirety of the upper grille and lights are lower. In addition, it pulls the center out further so it isn't quite as blunt/flat as viewed from above... not to a sharp point, but more rounded. Because it would be pulled out further, it wouldn't interfere with the hood latch or radiator support structure.
In general, it would be slightly smaller appearing and less flat than the 5thgen, whereas that looks to me like it goes the other way.

I've tried, but I can't get the headlights to look right in my mind without them following the shape of the opening. They just looked sort of tacked on when following the upper edge only. I have a couple ideas to fix that that don't necessarily copy my original mod but I'm out of time!

I don't mean to be a negative nancy or whatever, overall that is very cool and it's obvious you've put a ton of work into it! Just trying to offer constructive criticism.
I'm trying to visualize what you're saying but I'm having difficulty seeing it in my mind. Could you do a quick and dirty pointing-with-arrows or something on one of these images to give me an idea of what you're describing?

Here's a straight side and front view if that will help:
Name:  2016 Camaro sideF.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  42.8 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro frontF.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  43.0 KB

And although I suppose I'm making this look somewhat easy by just posting up work-in-progress snapshots this is actually taking a fair amount of effort to learn this software and make it do what you're seeing. This ain't easy. On top of that, now that I'm able to work in 3D space I can see issues with my original 2D drawings that have to be worked out and redesigned, so I'm also reworking things in addition to creating the original objects to fit the 2D views. The fact that I was able to get this to look like a car with lights sitting in a room was actually a pretty cool moment for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I will 2nd Alltrbo....Incredible! This is cool stuff.

But I must also agree with the above comments. That front nose has got to come down some to descrease the huge "wall" of a front fascia that currently exists. I'm sure you've done this in proportion to your earlier renderings, but when I look at them side by side the grill to fog light distance looks longer in these 3D builds.

It is coming together nicely though.

One thought I had, is how would the LED lights (upper and lower) look without the head lights on? I and many others LOVE to run around with just the halos and the fog lights on and I'd love to be able to do the same with this car. I think this design looks great with the headlights on, but with them off I'm not sure about. Maybe you could show us?
One with the running lights and LEDs:
Name:  2016 Camaro running and LED.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  40.1 KB

One with the LEDs only:
Name:  2016 Camaro LED only.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  39.7 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote