View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 07:03 AM   #7
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
...but I can't. The current car is a styling masterpiece, unlike anything on the road, and the details are what make what is essentially a slab body, sexy as hell. But the new car underwhelms me. It's got conflicting creases, straight edges, curves, and blobs that just don't flow the way the current car does. Initially I though, "Yes!" especially in the sweet blue revealed in Detroit. But little details, and angles irritate me. Perhaps a mid-cyle refresh can help? I hope so. I liked loving the current Mustang (and the new one more so), Challenger (best of the bunch?) and the Camaro's (Daring, bold, modern, less retro than the other two) visual flair especially when compared to foreign designs that were to busy or too bland. But this feels to me more "foreign" than the Euro-inspired Mustang? Perhaps it will grow on me, as the rear of the new Mustang has? Anyone else not sold on the new look?

Do you:

A) Love it, wouldn't change a thing
B) Hate it?
C) Think its a good evolution of the current car?
D) Think it could have been better?
E) Other?
I vote A. I don't think it will really come down to these issues for you. You don't like some things about your 302 and say the 5th Gen is a masterpiece, but you didn't buy the 5th Gen. I think for most people it is about the total package (including brand), that drives the decision.