View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 02:46 PM   #475
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Bringing the Hellcat into this track time conversation would be like comparing a Hellcat to a Z28 on the dragstrip, its nonsense. The Hellcat was never designed to be a track car. Dodge proved its track prowness with the Viper ACR.
It was a perfect analogy in response to your statement about power, but now all of a sudden when it proves you wrong its 'nonsense'?

Quote:
Now back to the ZL1 vs GT350R, I wonder how the track time of the GT350R would have improved by giving it equal power to the ZL1? Do you think it would have improved by .39 seconds? How about if the GT350R had another 25-hp? Yes it is Ford's fault for not having a more powerful version of the Mustang at this time, but bottom line is the R lost because it lacked HP not because it was not up to the task in the handling/braking department.
It lost because it lost. There is no proof the GT350 platform could handle more power as is, so you are just assuming.

Quote:
What would happen if the two went at it for a 20-minutes session, would the ZL1 eventually start limiting power because of SC heat, would the ZL1s brakes finally give up? I'm pretty sure the R would be ok for that duration.
I think you are confusing the GT350 Tech Pack with the ZL1. The ZL1 can run just fine w/o overheating. HAHAHA 11 coolers to do so, but still.