View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 02:31 PM   #473
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Yep...never any track tests of a standard GT350 versus a 1LE...and that's a real shame. But based on standalone tests of the GT350, 350R, and 1LE its not difficult to arrive to the conclusion that the 1LE should be more or less just as great (or better) a track car than the standard GT350. The 350 has advantages on longer straights, and that's it.

So for Ford to beat the 1LE with their PP2, they are going to have to make it an equal, or better track car than the standard GT350 (except again of course, for the straights where that extra 60ish HP and weight advantage will help it out).

I think its possible that Ford wants a GT to run with or beat the 1LE bad enough that they will do just that...make a GT that is faster than the standard 350 on a track. But you'll never hear anyone mention it. There will be no reviews with a 350 and a PP2 on the same track. Ford and Ford fanboys will just say "but the VooDoo..."

But the truth is that for 10 grand less than the standard 350, you'll be able to buy equal or better track cars in the GT and SS.
Don't forget that GT350 can't be sold intetnationally. By upping the GT's abilities to that of the non-R 350's, Ford allows the international buyer to have that option. Also I dont believe the 350's will be around for the '19 and '20 MY's, if thats the case then the GT out performing the base 350's in a non-issue.