View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 02:44 AM   #5
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
I haven't seen anything indicating the ATS will have a V8 option. I will be very surprised if GM offers a V8 because I think it would be tough to engineer a chassis that could run an I-4, V6, and V8. I guess it could happen but then you start having weight distribution and suspension geometry issues.
Is this an early indication the 6th gen Camaro will not have a V8? I've always believed the 5th gen will be the last V8 powered Camaro. We might be seeing a V6 powered ZL1 in the future (6th gen). Sounds bad? A twin turbo V6 in a ~3600 lbs chassis might change your mind!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matmobl88 View Post
I personally don't think that Chevy would drop the six because of the poor stigma that the 4 carries with it. I mean a turbo 4 is fast but Chevy recognizes that no one, and I mean no one, would let a 4 sit inside of a Camaro. Regardless of the forced power, its a 4... but it will be interesting to see what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
If the Mustang has a V8 Chevy will have to offer a V8 otherwise the Camaro will die again..... IMHO I won't buy a V6 Camaro SS if a V8 Mustang GT is available.....
to all these posts. I would love to see what happens in the future.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote