View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024, 08:39 PM   #29
CTRifecta

Drives: 2SS 1LE
The 5.0 coyote engine is a true gem, and the high-revving character of it is very unique for an American muscle car. Prior to driving a 6gen camaro, I always thought I would dislike the LT1 vs the S550 coyote, however after driving both, I am super happy with the LT1. While it doesn't rev out as high, the car is overall light enough, paired with a torque monster of a motor which makes the experience just downright amazing from any gear and any rpm. I haven't even gone past 4k RPMs yet (still within break-in miles), but the LT1 just oozes with character/sound and torque (esp w the NPP exhaust). The crisp 6mt also makes it a delight to enjoy, just have to get past the annoying 1-4 skip shift...

I will fully admit that Fords sales / marketing got me, as when I began looking into a fun V8 rwd + 6mt car, S550 mustang performance pack / Mach 1 reviews were absolutely everywhere. Online articles, multi-car comparisons, YT reviews, you name it, Ford did (and still does) a great job marketing their products. This, paired with the exact opposite from Chevy with the camaro, led me towards almost buying a S550 mach 1 a few years ago! The 6gen camaro is truly under-appreciated and had so little media coverage towards the end of it's production, super frustrating, but also probably an output of declining sales and a stagnant product.

It wasn't until I did more research on the Camaro, and understood how truly advanced the 6gen alpha chassis was vs. the mustang, that I started leaning more towards the camaro. Digging up super old reviews from 2018-2019 further validated how much of a true sports car the camaro is, vs. the mustang. The best way I would describe the two is, the mustang is a true muscle car, great motor, good ergonomics, visibility etc., but lacks true sports car chassis refinement (even though it's marketed as such). The camaro 6gen is actually a true sports car, disguised as a muscle car. One back to back drive between the two, and you'll understand.
Vehicle Built (per chevy chat bot) - 10/10/23
Window sticker available online - 11/4/23
Arrived at dealership - 11/10/23

Last edited by CTRifecta; 01-20-2024 at 08:55 PM.
CTRifecta is offline   Reply With Quote