View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 09:13 AM   #4
EddieC

Drives: previous 69 Z2/8 Now ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
Be careful here. Different cars have different strengths. For example, the Z/28 carried a higher exit speed in multiple corners @ VIR than the Porsche 918 and if you were to measure from the corner exit out 200 yards you would think the Z/28 would have beat or at least matched the 918 in lap time. Yet, the 918 beat the Z/28 by 7 second in lap time. Any car can be fast at one particular part of any track. The best cars do it all well so while I admire your enthusiasm, you are not going to get an accurate portrayal of the overall performance of the car with that small of a sample size.
Thanks for that but I didn't have a whole lot of footage to work with. What was interesting was the Z28 was a second faster than the ZL1 through the same area. correction, I have looked at some more new footage of the ZL1 that just came out ( Red auto and a Blue manual) that looks like they are setting down some times and the auto is just as fast through that section. After seeing this I just hope they offer the auto for the Z28.

Last edited by EddieC; 05-23-2016 at 03:46 AM.
EddieC is offline   Reply With Quote