View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 02:34 PM   #2
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
I have tried both pressure and vacuum methods. Pressure worked better as the vacuum method just pulled air in around the bleeder screw when I cracked it open and didn't really pull much fluid out.

With the motive pressure bleeder method though I usually do not actually fill the container with any fluid. I just use it to pressurize the system and keep an eye on the master cylinder. The pressure bleeder is kind of a PITA to clean out after putting fluid in it. I usually just bleed two corners and then check the master cylinder reservoir. If needed I just pull the bleeder adapter off and add more fluid and then pressurize the system again.

I have also come to the conclusion that I only pressurize it to ~5psi so I don't cause any potential air bubbles to shrink in size too much. The smaller the air bubble the easier it can hide and not get pushed out. So I pressurize it just enough to push fluid thru the system but allow the any bubbles to stay as large as possible so they are easier to flush out.