View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
DandDC09

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
GM, just me personally but id take some consideration into making the ZL1, Z/28 models (or whatever high end model you deicde to go with) harder for others to make there LS/LT/SS into them. It may be impossible but owning several models I've never been the type to slap other models parts on it to make it a clone(unless it was produced that way from factory, i.e 1LE). It may be harder to manufacture but making it extremely difficult would deter others to clone.

Some may disagree but owning a ZL1 I've seen alot of cloning/copying going on as of lately, from the 1LE/ZL1 rims, to ZL1 conversion kits. It makes owning an actual ZL1 alittle less pleasing. I understand rims being easy to buy but making exterior changes to the body dramatically will make people think twice about doing major modifications. Simple bolt-on parts are what is making people do it, take that way, and that'll cure that issue. I understand you'll stay have the die hard cloners but giving them some speed bumps could be easy. Just like its hard for others to install the mylink Nav into older models the same could be done for other areas.

Just my thoughts and opinions. Thanks.

No one is acting like they are what they're not! If someone was putting the badges on it too, then there could be some complaining... If they're dropping the motor into it too, then they've got too much money and time on their hands, when they could have just bought the ZL1! I have the ZL1 grill on my 2LT because its a better looking grill and I dont like the other aftermarket ones! so does that mean I should have put a different one on or get an overlay style because it hurts your feelings? i think not! Maybe GM should have put this grill in it to start! It's called options for the consumer and GM still makes the money from it, so why would they want too increase the cost of production to make a few people happier?

It's posts like this that cause animosity and should just be deleted!

Thanks GM For giving your customers options that still deals with Camaro and its market!