View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #66
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
A couple of quick snapshots of the back with the lights on. I also blacked out the recess and added the rear wheel well.
Attachment 562310
Attachment 562311

...waiting for the "IT LOOKS LIKE A DODGE" comments.
First, I applaud the length and effort that you are putting forth My first area I'd like to focus on is the Roof line. For some reason, it gives off a resemblance to our rival. The next area is at the base of the C-pillar that meets the door and the hood. I think I've seen something similar on an exotic, not sure if a Lambo or Ferrari. I understand that you are trying to increase front visibility, but that area looks off from your 2D drawings. How about rounding out that area of the hood that drops into the door.

If you are to scale with the ATS architecture, the car looks a little wider than the 5th gen from the rear view. To lessen the appearance, maybe widen the top cabin to offset it.

And like someone mentioned, the back of the Camaro resembles the C6 Corvette, which you stated is not a bad thing, but... if the Camaro team will do something to the Camaro for the 6th gen similar to what the Corvette team did for the C7, I think it will be a more evolutionary change from the 5th gen. I think the lines at the outer corners need to be softened.

The rear license plate area should envelope the entire plate IMO.

After reviewing your current dimensions, it looks that the car will come in at weight greater then the current Gen. I'm sure you'll work on making the necessary changes to meet the standards of what everyone on here would like to see the car come in around 3500 to 3600 lbs.

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 10-05-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote