View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 03:32 PM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Wayyyy to early to count out GM.

Going on Alpha and giving the car the proper weight loss it deserves is all GM needs to have a game changer.

Have you guys already forgotten how friggin bad@ss the Z/28 is? I'm not saying the GT350 or 350R (whatever it ends up being) won't compete or beat the Z/28, but its a very high mark forsure.

Now imagine if the Z/28 was a few hundred lbs lighter, just how much more amazing it would be?? Well...thats all possible with alpha. Throw in a higher output version of the LT1 in it and we're golden again.

Also, as some are saying above concerning the GT500 and the Hellcat, the LT4 in an Alpha chassis would still be very competitive at around 650 HP b/c it would likely weigh around 3,900 lbs. Thats a good 3 or 400 lbs less than the hellcat and would be very competitive, especially with its very ample TQ rating which isn't much lower than Hellcat.

I don't see GM chasing the 700+HP mark.....and I don't think they need to either.

Now if Ford happens to do another GT500, and decides to dethrone the Hellcat on power ratings, it will likely weigh right around 3,900 to 4,000 lbs as well....that could be a problem.

Anyways, back to my point...I don't think we should be worried at all.