View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #501
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Am enjoying all you boys' expertise..."Real world" mileage I'd say is a non-issue...I don't think anybody really expects to get what is advertised...The "rated" mileage on the window sticker is what will rule the day, and determine what is offered for sale...

...Also, I'm just not seeing where a V-6 would fit into all this...I think Norm said earlier that the total year numbers for the Camaro would make GM hard-pressed to sell three different engines...as well as a ttv6 being more expensive and not as efficient as the v-8.???.....Things are getting as clear as mud!...lol...

Please carry on, and thanks....
Everyone's goal is to sell more, right? If done right - more engine options could appeal to more people as each has its specific purpose/strength...

Technically, they're already selling 4 different engines...and if this LS7 rumor turns out to be true: 5 engines...

If the powertrain options we're talking about are shared with the ATS, then a good chunk of the powertrain development for "extra engines" is essentially free...