View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #80
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Because it's in the same generation and theyre trying to capitalize on it? And yes, they built more than 69. This is 2013, not 1969. You cant even put this ZL-1 in comparison to that made in 1969. Its not even in the same realm as that of yester year besides sharing the same name. If they wanted to pay homage to the '69, theyd have built an 11.5 second NA Camaro weighing in at around 3900lbs to STAY as king of the strip in a street legal drag car. Isn't 11.5 seconds the fastest production car able ot street/strip WITHOUT a roll cage according to NHRA standards? And the Ford GT500 gets what? 11.6?

So if it has little in common with the 1st gen car, why limit it?

They may make it in 6th gen, but my question would be why? You're going to do a total make over on a different platform. I never saw any 2nd gen ZL-1s. Not to mention, they dropped the 427 from the production line. What engine will they install in a 6th gen ZL-1? An LT1 supercharged engine? Shouldnt the 6th gen ZL-1 have a stand alone engine? Im going to assume that the LT1 is going to be the major engine in the 6th gen as there is no other vette engine in production as of yet. IF they make a 6th gen ZL-1, then it'll be somewhat that of a ZR-1 supercharged LT1. Namely an LT5???
GM should keep building the ZL1 so it has a competitor to the GT500.

I know I have said this multiple times but do you honestly think the LT1 is the only gen 5 small block GM will develop? There will be more coming in the near future. They still have to develop one for the Z06 and one for the ZR1.

The ZL1 doesn't get a stand alone engine now, so why would it in the 6th gen? It will probably share one with the CTS-V like it does now.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote