View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 05:28 AM   #27
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm realizing that i'm not really sure what is the best way to sell this car now. The last few cars I've either traded in or sold to a friend/family member. What do people use nowadays to move cars like these?
Having just spent a while trying to sell my 911S privately / trade in, and you probably already know this but I'll repeat it:

Lowest headaches, lower money, and fastest, sell it to a dealer.
Highest headaches, more money, and slowest, sell it privately.

I listed my car, which was a CPO mint condition *highly optioned* (over $24k) red (rare-ish) convertible (people either looking for them, or not) on Cars.com, Autotrader.com, and Rennlist Marketplace (the largest and most active Porsche forums for the US market) and it was easily 10:1 the amount of scammers vs real people.

I would take a hard look at BAT, and in a pinch, eBay, but I would put a reserve on it. But beware of fees as they will eat into your profit.

For me, the constant haggling during a trade in is the worst part, I'm a very easy going and reasonable guy, so I get offended when I'm expecting $85k which I came up with after a shitload of research, which allows them to put it up for sale for $95k, take $90k and still turn a decent profit, and they offer $75k. **** that.

I finally found one of the 5 Porsche dealers in the area to offer me $82k, and he showed me all his cards / numbers, what his boss expected is profit margins to be, and I did happily forgo the $3k in difference to have a 100% painless experience where the amount of running around and paperwork and worrying was nil. He even told me my numbers that I was expecting for a private sale were in line with what he was seeing.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote