View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #173
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Canada and the US have partnered in building GM products for many years. I certainly feel for those who have been assembling the present generation of Camaro. You have done so with pride and many have been happy with their purchase and have great pride in their car. MY brother built Camaro's in Van Nuys Ca for several years and is now retired. I, as well as my father have also built cars for GM for many years. Combined, we have invested 84 years building cars in a GM plant. I hope those of you who have put your heart and soul into this car will have continued success in future models. Those of you who will built the next generation of Camaro have a golden opportunity to make the entire world demand a car made in North America rather than the global competition that has dogged us for decades. Good luck. As an idea for you guys up north. The very last car to leave the GM South Gate Assembly Plant was a White Cadillac Cimarron.. I have no idea where that car would be today but written inside the door panels are the signatures of hundreds of employees who worked in that place for so many years to include that of the Plant Manager. It was a sad day to see the doors close there. As a kid I wanted so much to buld cars there and when I had the chance I was all over it. We had Buick 425's, Chevy 409's and 396's and some others that were just stacked to the roof. It was like being in heaven.

Last edited by 396ssrat; 04-01-2013 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Afterthought
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote