View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #24
Steve@HPE

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
The biggest questions on the NG car will be retro or not. It's that simple. If you think the Camaro has to represent the history of the car then that one question is most critical for you.

If you look at everything that GM has done with the launches since the Camaro you can get a feel for what is coming.

Improvements to the Impala, heralded by pretty much everyone. Huge step up in the interior. Added many technology upgrades. Solid all around.

ATS. Still has the vision problems associated with high belt, slammed roof and huge C-pillars. Giant up grade in the interior. Giant demonstration of GM's prowess in ride and handling. CUE is a great start. Not liked by many yet but it's growing on me even.

CTS. Demonstration of what GM can do with an architectural variant off of Alpha. Application of further powertrain enhancements and V-sport tuning.

FST and Utilities. Very solid evolutions on interior, exterior, powertrain and NVH.

Yes we have to wait for real reviews of a few of these products, but preliminary reviews are pretty solid.

And your use of the C7, well that has been a bit polarizing but for the most part it's growing on people. My opinion, GM could have made it very plain, i.e. Porsche rear ends and done ok. You won't mistake this going down the road.

As for the Camaro refresh for 2014, that is a historical reference to later Camaros which takes us back to the first question. Retro or not to retro.

For me, I hope they go far beyond with the Camaro and take a bold step forward and leave the history behind. I predict they don't have the courage to do that and it would take courage.

But we will have to see what happens....................annnnnnd the anticipation continues.
Good post....clearly GM is making great improvements in key areas, interior design being the most prominent. The interior of the C7 Corvette is reminiscent of high-end German sedans and sports cars.

I suspect they'll get the 6th generation Camaro mostly right. Heck, they've got a huge user community here from which to gather input.
Steve@HPE is offline   Reply With Quote