View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
Wildcherry13

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS IOM 1LE
That dreadded PAINFUL sound!

First of all, im in a position where my wife needs to take our other vehicle to work. So that leaves me taking the Camaro to work everyday, yes its unfortunate and I have no choice for now until I can buy a beater car as my daily driver. Luckily for me, its only a 15 minute commute to get to work, but it feels like the LONGEST 15 minutes of my life ever! Theres 2 spots on my way to work that have small rocks and dirt where big trucks leave in and out all day from a gravel company. When I get to that spot I drive really slow but man that painful sound of all the rocks and dirt HITTING the side of the car is KILLING me!! I just installed the rock/spalsh guards a while ago and it did ok at first, but it seems like rocks are still getting by. I dont know, maybe the guards aren't sticking out enough? Maybe the sound is in the undercarriage and not the side/gills? I will definitely be adjusting them this weekend but still, It sucks! I'm afraid to even look if theres any damage to the paint. Like I said I do drive by there very slow but I can still hear it! If anyone of you have any ideas or suggestions of what I can do, please chime in! I also posted it here since its a Camaro with the 1le package and we have the same sticky tires and Id like to hear what some of you guys are doing to helps this if yall have this similar problem.. Thanks!
Wildcherry13 is offline   Reply With Quote